MAKING MEN OF ACTION (MMA)
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
MISSION/PURPOSE: In obedience to the Great Commission, MMA will “go and make disciples of all nations…”
To identify, train and equip young men who will grow to become the next generation of Christ focused, Godly leaders in their church and communities through studying God’s Word, learning to lead others, and developing job and life skills.
CONCEPT: A two year program targeting 16-19 year old boys that regularly attend a local church and have been identified and recommended by their pastors as solid candidates to attend the MMA Leadership Academy. Students will meet every Saturday during the school year (beginning January 11th, 2020) from 8:30am to 4:30pm. During the summer months (when not in school), students will support church mission trips doing evangelism and outreach volunteer work.
MMA will focus on three primary areas:
- Spiritual: The program will be completely Biblical based and will teach basic theology, evangelism, how to disciple others, and how to start and lead a Bible study.
- Leadership: Teach leadership skills so they can become the next generation of positive, influential leaders in their churches and communities. Leadership areas of concentration will include:
- Servant Leadership
- Developing character and integrity
- Being a good follower
- Manners and good etiquette
- Confidence to stand up for what is right
- Being good and respectful sons to their parents
- Being loyal friends
- Respecting women; how to court/date in a way that honors God
- Being Godly husbands and fathers
- Being Godly and servant leaders in their church and community
- Learning survival skills, CPR, and self defense
- Job Skills: Teach basic job skills that will assist in getting jobs so they can provide for their families and be valuable assets in their communities. These skills include:
- Electrical work
- Starting their own business – entrepreneurship
- Preparing for college
ENDSTATE: At the completion of the two year academy, graduates will be better trained in God’s Word and better equipped to be useful and successful leaders in their church and community. The top student or “Honor Graduate” from each class will have the opportunity to receive a scholarship to pursue higher education at a University or Bible College.
- Logistics – transportation, food, teaching materials
- Finance – cost for Saturday instruction and for summer evangelism opportunities
- Recruiting – meet with local pastors to determine best qualified candidates