As of January 2023, SCORE has paused the CLIMB Program.
There will not be a 2023-2024 class for the CLIMB Program.
If you are interested in a gap year, check out our Internships information.
Internships range from 1 month to 1 year in length, and we would love to have you pray about joining our intern program.
CLIMB is a cross-cultural gap program and ministry training school of SCORE International that equips gospel-shaped believers for a mission within the context of their calling. This goal is accomplished through the exposure to Bible and theology instruction, language acquisition, hands-on cross-cultural ministry, and individual mentoring.
The acronym CLIMB stands for:
- Cross-cultural –Dive into a new world outside your current sphere of influence. Live with other students who are also focused on life as mission.
- Language acquisition – Grasp the Spanish dialect from qualified national teachers. Progress toward fluency through classroom instruction and interactions with people in the community.
- Immersion – Outside of the classroom setting, serve a local ministry assigned to you for the year. Attend local churches, visit local shops, and grow to love local culture.
- Mentoring – Be discipled by mature believers who will pour into your life, equipping you to become a multiplying disciple-maker.
- Bible training – Discover exciting knowledge and wisdom from the living word of God! Develop a strong biblical worldview that will assist in rooting your life in truth.