Our names are Brett and Sara Wilson and we serve as Camp Directors at Mt. Hope Bible Camp in Otway, Ohio. We have two children: Ty (11) and Aubrey (8). Mt. Hope has been a special place for our family- growing up, we all attended as campers, three of us decided to follow Jesus here, and all of us are now being discipled on these grounds. In 2012, Sara and I moved into the role of Camp Directors and later in 2017, God opened doors for us to join the SCORE International family.
Together, we lead six weeks of summer camp for hundreds of youth in southern Ohio and surrounding areas. We recruit and train volunteers with the hope of providing an opportunity for campers to hear about the Gospel. The camp, which has been around since 1973, is about creating an opportunity to evangelize and disciple people in a relationship with Jesus.
Throughout the year, our responsibilities include welcoming rental groups, programming for winter retreats, organizing fellowship events like our Ladies’ Luncheon and Men’s Harvest Dinner, and maintaining the camp grounds. We also lead a weekly small group Bible study of young adults, nearly all of which are past campers.
Because of the current recommendations and with the health, safety, and well-being of our campers and staff in mind, our Board of Directors have decided to cancel all of our summer camps for 2020. Our plan moving forward includes a season of much needed maintenance and grounds work.
We know things are different right now, but we have a few ways you can still partner with us in what God is doing in southern Ohio:
- Pray for our leadership team to find creative ways to engage and minister to those living in southern Ohio.
- Pray for work teams to consider joining us to help in specific repairs and grounds maintenance in June, July & August.
- If you would like to give towards the maintenance work at Mt. Hope Bible Camp, go to https://www.mthopebiblecamp.com/give.
- If you would like to support us through your giving, we have a need for recurring donors to help offset changes in our income, starting in September.
SHORT TERM TRIP
- We are in need of short-term mission teams this summer and fall to help with the grounds work and maintenance repairs at camp, including carpentry, painting, etc. You can read more about serving on a trip with us or fill out an interest form here: https://scoreintl.org/otway-oh/
You can read the Wilson family bio or donate to them by clicking the link below.